Home‎ > ‎

About The School

Eugene Field Elementary History

The first Eugene Field Elementary School was constructed in 1904 as a four room schoolhouse near 4th Street and Oronogo Streets in Webb City. Two years later the school was enlarged to eight rooms. Students and teachers engaged in learning at that location until 1954 when the current location opened its doors at 510 S. Oronogo Street. Over the years, Eugene Field has been home to kindergarten through six grade classes, with classes moving out as the Webb City R-7 School District renovated and constructed new buildings. A five classroom addition was built in 1988. Today Eugene Field serves as a neighborhood third and fourth grade center.

 

More detailed information on Eugene Field’s early years can be found at http://jaspercountyschools.org/webb/id52.htm.

 

Comments